An online video production company in Culver City is looking for a Community Manager to help cultivate our YouTube audience. This is an entry-level position for someone with writing experience, but more importantly, someone who is an Internet, YouTube, social media junky.
If you are you constantly on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube... even Google Plus?...then this is the opportunity for you. You will learn about: audience development, content strategy, community interaction, and community building.
Brief background of the company: We currently have nine YouTube-funded shows, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers and tens of millions of views across our channels. Work culture: fast paced, smart, entrepreneurial, creative, effective, efficient, think-tank, and ground breaking.
- Respond intelligently to fans and interact with community on a daily basis
- Monitor, manage, and participate in discussions, posts, comments on multiple YouTube channels
- Manage and update our social media communities off of YouTube i.e. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest
- Make sure all channel’s social networks are updated
- Communicate to directors and writers on fan/community feedback
- Keep abreast on what’s trending in the respective communities, to assist with programming
This is a full-time, hourly in-house position: $30k a year, 50 hours a week. All applicants must have: perfect grammar and spelling, a thriving online presence, and the ability to work under tight deadlines. Of course, be a team player and have excellent communication skills.
If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and links to your blog or Twitter. In your cover letter, tell us why you'd be the best fit for the job and what experience you bring to the table.
Some examples of our work: